Thursday, April 21, 2011

I have a California teaching credential. I want to know will it work in Canada


I have a California teaching credential. I want to know will it work in Canada?
I have california multiple subjects elementary school teaching credential. I am planning to move to canada but i am not sure if this credential will work there or not. Do i have to take few extra classes over there? Please Advice
Teaching - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are 49 other states that will not accept a California certificate without additional classes. Yet you expect a foreign country to do so. I assume you have been in public schools. If you want a leg up in Canada, start on Spanish classes.
2 :
I would think the class you should be start would be French not spanish in Canada. I think it depends on the class and what you want to teach. She's been a bit dramatic with 49 states since you can get other states who would take your B.A. Have you looked at Canada Creditinals Do you know where you want to work? Contact a school in canada and ask them.