Friday, December 21, 2012

Is there a refillable money card that is available to all ages, and will work in Canada


Is there a refillable money card that is available to all ages, and will work in Canada?
I am going to Canada in February, and want to deal with plastic instead of cash. I will, however, bring some cash in case they don't take visa, master card, whatever. I am under 18 too, so I need something available to people of all ages. And I need something that they will replace if I loose it. And If possible, it would be excellent if you need a pin. So to wrap it up, I need a cash card that is refillable, works internationally, and if possible, has a pin.
Credit - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Visa gift cards work great. Get several for lower amounts. Have a great Time.
2 :
We have Visa and Master Card in Canada and they are accepted almost everywhere. American Express and Discover are accepted in only most places. There are prepaid Visa and Master Cards that can be purchased once here but your US cards will work fine so it would be kind of pointless. Cash is acceptable but it's better if you switch it to Canadian currency at a bank or currency exchange either here or before you leave. If you try to spend US cash at a store or restaurant you will likely get ripped off on the exchange rate. Good luck. I'm sure you will see Canada is pretty much like the USA.
3 :
Visa Pre-paid card. Works just like a Visa, anywhere a Visa is accepted, refillable. Only thing I can't say is if it has a PIN but it will work at an ATM. If you lose it, they will replace.