Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How easy is it to get a visa to work in canada


How easy is it to get a visa to work in canada?
I am in love with Canada and I have always wanted to live there. I am a nurse and I was wondering if it is easy to get a work visa. I have been nursing for two years, I am sick of america and I want to move. Will it be easy to get a work visa? I <3 New Zealand. I will think about it. I probably won't move for another 6 months- 1 year because I just had a baby 4 months ago. Thanks for the advice
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Stuff Canada come to New Zealand! We have a desperate need for nurses in general and you'll find new zealand much cleaner!
2 :
It would actually be fairly easy; if you can show your qualifications. Nurses are in high demand here, and if you have a US education, which would generally be considered the same as a Canadian degree, you're likely to be in. Unless you have a criminal past, you should be OK. This might help: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp
3 :
You would need to apply for a nursing license in the province in which you want to work. They will assess your education and experience and decide if you are eligible to write the CRNE licensing exam. The minimum requirement for being an RN in Canada is a BSN degree so if you have less than that you will not be granted a license..You would have to also apply for a work visa. If you go to cic.gc.ca you can find out more.