Thursday, November 1, 2012

Can Ford Sponsor me to work in Canada


Can Ford Sponsor me to work in Canada?
I am currently working at Ford after completing a 1 year Trade Certification on Automotive Technology and a 3 month course with Ford (Ford Fact) With all Ford Certifications. I've been trying to get to Canada and I guess I need a sponsor to get a work permit so I can work in Canada. So my question is, can Ford Sponsor me so I can be able to get a work permit to work in Canada? Thank you.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Doubt it. There are lots of unemployed auto workers in Canada.
2 :
Generally, to get work permit, the employer need to get HRDSC confirmation (Labour Market Opinion) for the offered position. In most cases, tho get this LMO the employer must show that there is no Canadian nor PR that can and or willing to take the position, even though the remuneration (salary, benefits, etc.) is at least as good as the standard. So, to sponsor you, first Ford need to open the position and publish the opening, then if Ford cannot Canadian / PR that qualified for the job, then Ford can file to get HRDSC confirmation / LMO. After LMO issued and a job offer issued to you, then you can apply for work permit for the job. Obviously, if many Canadian / PR that qualified for the job apply for the job, LMO cannot be issued. There is some exceptions to the rule, such as NAFTA professionals exceptions for American getting some professional jobs (the list below).