Sunday, June 21, 2009

Would a blackberry or an iPhone bought in Canada work in Slovenia if they have SIM cards


Would a blackberry or an iPhone bought in Canada work in Slovenia if they have SIM cards?
I want to get a blackberry or an iPhone but they cost too much here in Slovenia so I would like to know if I were to buy one in Canada, would it work here ?
Cell Phones & Plans - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on if it's an international phone or not.. they need to be able to understand the different kind of cell phone signal that is sent in Europe because it's different here in North America. Although, sometimes it's easy enough to just get one of those phones and put your Slovenian sim card in it and have it work... The other issues is that I'm fairly sure that it will work physically, but it might be possible that the carrier they were designed for has blocked the feature as I know Verizon will do a lot... but from what I understand AT&T doesn't do that as much.... I'm pretty sure that it should work.. but you might drop calls and stuff more often because the bands are different... my co-workers and I have foreign phones and they all work here... so I think you'll be fine. So I would say that it will probably work.... but you will definitely need your Slovenian SIM.. P.S. I have a friend from Slovenia... I think it's really cool that you're from there! The food--- mmmmm sooo good!
2 :
Yes but make sure the network in Slovania is GSM or CDMA