Friday, December 7, 2012

Will my Mastercard Credit Card work in Canada for regualr sales


Will my Mastercard Credit Card work in Canada for regualr sales?
I'm going to canada in a few days and was curious if my mastercard will work if i go out shopping. The exchange rate is 1 us dollar = .86 canadian. is it a good idea to use my credit card, if i can?
Credit - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, your Mastercard will work. The currency conversion automatically happens - though you'll see it on your statement, not on the store receipt.
2 :
A Mastercard credit card from the U.S. will work in Canada. There is usually a foreign transaction fee of 1-3%. Your bank might impose a higher fee, so ask that bank before you leave. Also, the exchange rate used by the bank for credit card transactions might be different from the exchange rate that you mentioned and might change before your trip.