Saturday, April 21, 2012

How can I work in Canada as an electrician, If i am one here in the US


How can I work in Canada as an electrician, If i am one here in the US?
I hold a Journeyman Electrician license here in the United States, My family is planning on moving British Columbia Canada, What will I have to do to be certified as an electrician down there? I understand I need to have a job offering to even enter Canada with my family?
Other - Canada - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is going to depend on what type of permitting you have to reside in Canada. If your family has already been accepted as residents, then most likely you won't require a special work permit - but check with a lawyer to make certain. If you are only "planning" but nothing has been done yet, you will require a work permit or a residency permit with permission to work. Immigration Canada has more information: http://nhe1.com/516dfa Good Luck.
2 :
probably a permit, you might have to write a test or something.