Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Work in Canada for recent US college grads


Work in Canada for recent US college grads?
I'm still in college but when I graduate with my BA, I want to live and work in Canada, and eventually become a citizen. I'm getting my BA in Theatre with concentration in directing and management. I'm not a performing artist. I've looked on Canadian websites but I'm afraid that without being really established I'll have trouble, I was wondering if there is something I'm overlooking? I have a clean criminal record (not so much as a speeding ticket) and in good health. Oops, I forgot to give country of origin. I am a US citizen, born American.
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sure if you get a work visa and a residence visa for Canada...you'll do just fine. And you will have a BA degree Double Trouble!! :D Nations love to have academics to become immigrants, so I think you are not in danger my friend. Just get your visa's maybe make a few Canuck friends off the net or something so you can have refferences and enjoy your life in Canada.
2 :
Try student visa first find a job while in school and build up from there. I believe it is all about being a part of the community.
3 :
Well you will need a standing job offer, relating to your degree, in order to start the immigration process. This one is about as hard for US citizens moving to Canada as it is for Canadian citizens moving to the US. Your best bet would be to start off on a student visa, or simply a temporary work visa.