Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hi everyone I am from Pakistan and looking for work in saskatchewan, Canada.


Hi everyone I am from Pakistan and looking for work in saskatchewan, Canada.?
I have done my Masters in English from University of the Punjab, Pakistan and wish to work in canada. Can anyone help me get a job in Saskatchewan, Canada? I have visited the official websites but they are so full of information and carry the reader to at least 6 levels deep with nothing making sense. I wish to apply for Immigration to Canada and work there as Teacher in Saskatchewan. Please do let know the details as early as possible at my following e-mail address, I will be thankful to you for your personal endeavors and understanding my problem. my add is kaisermaani@gmail.com
Other - Canada - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should fist find out from Canada's site on how to get a work permit.
2 :
You won't get a visa for a teacher, there are too many teachers unemployed already. If you have a Masters in English you should be able to use that site
3 :
If you want work as a teacher, here's a tip: start looking in the small towns rather than the big cities. It's almost impossible to get a teaching job in Saskatoon, for example. But it seems like small town schools are hiring left and right. I know many many people who live in Saskatoon but commute to small communities outside the city to teach. I'm not positive if the other major cities (Regina, Prince Albert, Moose Jaw, etc) are the same, but I imagine they are. Small towns are booming in this province, and therefore requiring more and more teachers. I wish you the best of luck! :)
4 :
Yahoo! Answers is not a job hunting website. The average person reading your question will NOT be able to help you find a job. We either must be an employer who is looking for someone, or be willing to sponsor you to come over and find employment. I do not wish to insult you, but there are some fundamental differences in the quality of education in Pakistan compared to Canada. You would have impressed me more with having done your Masters in English if you had actually used correct punctuation and sentence structure, such as what I would have expected from someone with your degree. I'm sure any school in Canada that considers hiring a teacher for English would expect that person to have an impeccable grasp of the language and demonstrate that in their letters and emails. All I can suggest to you is that you review the Canada Immigration website again. It clearly states the requirements for immigrating to Canada. You must have skills that are in demand here (Skilled Worker Program), you must have enough money to start your own business (Entrepeneur and Self-Employed Persons), or must have a family member already here who is willing to sponsor you. Otherwise there are very few options. It is very hard to enter Canada under refugee status, or as a provincial nominee. If you can find a job on the Job Bank of Canada, and the company is willing and able to employ you, then you have a chance of immigrating here. But I highly doubt that you would qualify as an English teacher. Perhaps you should consider a profession that also employs similar skills? Have you considered applying as a Translator? With many new Canadians arriving from Pakistan and India, there may be a bigger need in the government for English-Punjabi or English-Urdu services. Hope things do work out for you. Good luck.