Friday, January 7, 2011

What is involved in finding work in Canada and moving there


What is involved in finding work in Canada and moving there?
I am a U.S. citizen that would like to move to Canada, at least for a few years. I recently received bachelor's degrees in economics and management. I don't have any family or connections in Canada. How would I go about finding work? Will companies hire someone who is not a citizen or a permanent resident? Can I apply to work at Canadian companies now, get hired, and then get a work visa? Or would I have to go through a long process of becoming a permanent resident before I could even start working? I would particularly like to hear from people who have went through the process.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know what the procedure would be, but if you find out, could you let me know? I've been thinking about moving up north before this country gets completely overrun with Mexicans!
2 :
I am in that process now. I could go on and on but the best is to go to this link and it will answer all your questions. You are allowed here in Canada for 3 months without any visa, etc. Good luck and I hope this helps. www.cic.ga.ca Cheers